Friday, February 29, 2008

Thailand 2008

The setting for the birth of this blog is paradise. I am on a beach in Krabi in Thailand. This is a busy place with families, sailing boats, long tailed boats and pleasure yachts on the Andaman Sea.

My husband and I are sharing the shade of the tree with a large group of German tourists. They wish we would go away but no one has the courage to tell us. If its privacy they are concerned about, they should have no fear. We don't understand a word that they are saying.

After my experience in 2007 I set some goals for 2008/09. I run my goal years from February to February. Gives me more time to actually do something.

  • I want to run a half marathon and I am signed up for one in Red Deer on May 18. My daugher, her husband to be and I are in training. The evenings when it is - 35 C. I do say pass.

  • I want to learn to play a musical instrument in a rudimentary fashion. My husband came up with the notion of the autoharp. I have one now so there is no escape. I just need to practice quite a lot before it will sound anything like music.

  • Lastly I want to start to write seriously and get published. I was toying with the idea that a letter to the newspaper editor might count when I came up with the idea of a blog.

I contacted my daughter for her advice about setting up a blog and she got it set up in 15 minutes. She wrote the opening remarks initially but I changed what she had written. She wrote on my behalf that I hoped peopled enjoyed the ride about my cancer treatment more than I did. But that is not my view. This blog is a way to try to make sense out of a random act of cancer. So here goes.

No comments: